Friday, April 17, 2009

In search of a Lemon.

Not that anyone has ever accused me of being quirky in my life but this Le-mons challenge has definitely made me start to think that finding a quirky beater is in order. I've always had a love for Alfa Romeos and hope to one day own one.... A few months ago after watching the Alfa Romeo challenge on Top Gear I began thinking how fun it would be to set a budget and have me and a few of my friends go out and find our respective Alfas and set up a day at the track; and now that the Le-mons race is in discussion, my vote goes to Alfa!

Now finding an Alfa stateside is not impossible, but one for $500 that still has an engine might be a bit of a challenge.  If the budget was $1500-$2000 it would actually be fairly easy to find a working example, but alas we are restricted to half a grand. Alfa Romeo imported cars to the states in relatively low volumes for decades until pulling out of the US market entirely in 1995.

Now I know that ultimately the car that is decided upon will come down to time and availability, but one car hope...

Quirky and German or Swedish might also be acceptable =)



No comments:

Post a Comment